CCVR MEMBERSHIP FORM
Membership in the Center for CardioVascular Research is open to any University of Illinois faculty member who has a research interest in cardiac and/or vascular research and a shared commitment to collaborate with others, to further the scientific goals of the CCVR.
Full Membership Heading link
- Priority access and negotiated rates to use current and future CCVR core resources (equipment; technical);
- Coming soon * Biostatistical/bioinformatics support (TBA);
- Access to philanthropic funds directed to CCVR-specific programs (as appropriate);
- Most direct access to expert colleagues and team science collaborators via membership in one of UIC’s highly translational research programs;
- Eligibility for CCVR funding opportunities.
Primary members of the CCVR are expected to make meaningful contributions to the research activities of the CCVR in one or more of the following ways:
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission and vision of the CCVR to advance an integrated program of basic, clinical, and translational research related to cardiovascular disease;
- Share areas of expertise as mentors to junior faculty (for senior members);
- Participate in ad hoc review committees of funding proposals of fellow CCVR members upon request
- Attend the center’s meetings, seminars, review committees, task forces, retreats, and related programs as appropriate;
- Acknowledge the CCVR on all publications (i.e., peer-reviewed manuscripts/book chapters), in oral/poster presentations, grant submissions, and media announcements;
- Pursue extramural funding as a Principal Investigator on a NIH or other national/regional peer-reviewed, cardiovascular-related research grant or Foundation award (as defined by CCVR Director)
- Sustain cardiovascular-related publications (during previous three years) in peer-reviewed professional journals Research only) or maintain PI status
- Upon request, submit a yearly report (<3 pages) to CCVR administration of publications, grant submissions and awards, collaborative efforts with other CCVR members, and mentoring, service-related, and community engagement activities.
Affiliate membership is designated for faculty who make meaningful contributions to the research, education, patient care, and community outreach activities of cardiovascular medicine, but do not meet the above criteria for primary membership. Affiliate membership may also be appropriate for faculty whose primary membership is with another institutional Center, but who wish to be involved with the CCVR community.
- Submission as PI or co-PI on a cardiovascular-related grantRegular presentation of data at internal or external scientific meetings;
- Publications as contributing author on peer-reviewed articles/book chapters;
- Collaborative efforts via grants, publications, or active membership in Affinity Groups/Signature Programs;
- Service on various CCVR committees when called upon;
- Recognition of CCVR support on publications, abstracts, and grants, when appropriate;
- Upon request, submit a yearly report (<3pages) to CCVR administration of publications, grant submissions and awards, collaborative efforts with other CCVR members, and mentoring, service-related, and community engagement activities.
- Access to current and future CCVR core resources, including
- Coming soon * biostatistical support (TBD)
- Access to CCVR shared equipment;
- Potential for enhanced interaction and collaboration via membership.